- What is drafting?
Before things are made, there must be an organized, accurate, and clear plan done for construction. Thes is done through a visual communication called drafting. ( sometimes called mechanical drawing )
- How are drawings made?
Drawings are made with the use of drafting equipment through many mediums. Some of these include: pencil on vellum or paper, ink on mylar, and by the use of the computer. ( CAD , computer aided drafting )
- Drafters - people who make technical engineering drawings in all areas of industry ( architectural, structural, electrical, aerospace, machine, piping fabricating, etc. )
- Designers - more experienced drafters who perform more advanced drafting and engineering tasks
- Engineers - those who do design work in many fields of society ( chemical, civil, automotive, electrical, mechanical, aerospace, etc.)
- Architects - designers of all types of commercial and residential buildings
- Professional trades - all areas where drawings are required to construct things ( carpenters, plumbers, welders, pipe fitters, machinists, electricians, etc. )